James M. Pritchard, Q.C.
From our beginnings as a law firm in Medicine Hat in the late 1800s continuously to the present, we have served clients in Medicine Hat and the surrounding area. Our firm has had a number of distinguished lawyers and notable community leaders. Ivan C. Rand was a partner at Laidlaw, Blanchard, Rand and Delf as our firm was once known, from 1912 to 1920. Ivan Rand was appointed to the Supreme Court of Canada in 1943 where he distinguished himself as one of our most important Canadian jurists and legal scholars. James M. Pritchard came to Medicine Hat as a young lawyer in 1954 and joined the firm of Niblock & Stone. This firm then became the firm of Niblock, Stone & Pritchard, then Stone & Pritchard and eventually Pritchard & Co Law Firm, LLP.
James Pritchard had a long and distinguished legal career of more than fifty years in Medicine Hat. James Pritchard also offered leadership to our profession serving as a Bencher of the Law Society of Alberta for a number of years. Donald Medhurst and David Wilkins were members of our firm, appointed as Justices of the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta. Frederick Fisher (Ted) was a member of our firm appointed a Judge of The Provincial Court of Alberta. James Pritchard, Stanley Lerner and William Anhorn were members of our firm appointed as Queen’s Counsel of Alberta.